Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Bake day!

Today was our bake day, and unfortunately my friend Kira couldn't make it so it was just Sara and me. The plan originally was to have my parents go get the ingredients early so I could have everything mostly measured out and prepared by the time Sara arrived but due to unforeseen delays I wasn't able to do that since my parents came home right before she arrived around late afternoon ish. Still we made the best of the time we had and got baking. 
The fries came out beautifully!!!! We topped them with salt and pepper and took photos of them in a large bowl (I even used a trick by padding the bowl with paper towels to make it look fuller and make the fries pop out more) 
This was one of my favorite pictures of it!

Then we moved on to the pizza bites, and I made a small mistake then by actually attempting to roll out and knead the puff pastry, rather than just cutting it out of the already rolled out dough, luckily we had two sheets. Second time's the charm I guess!

After that we moved on to the popcorn, in which Sara showcased her amazing drizzling skills and also had a joking idea that I ended up adding to the recipe. I had some Lilo and Stitch chocolate molds that she thought would be fun to use and so we ended up ditching the chocolate drizzle and just added little chocolates on top of the caramel (or in this case butterscotch) corn, making it more of a snack mix instead. The chocolates didn't turn out perfect but they were definitely cute and fun!

We made the dough for the cookies then, but we realized it was getting kinda late and Sara had to head home. Luckily she was already coming over tomorrow and said she'd love to help continue this so we'll have to finish the group photos then. I'm posting this pretty late so I should probably head to bed but will be back with an update tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's my CCR Reflection! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UDDhkvDgUGgk6A9gmYLy1a31GoLiBGEZ/view?usp=drivesdk